Sunday, August 26, 2007

idiots syncretism

Before the idiosyncrasies of this city become the normality in my mind, i need to make a few notes and observations.
A rather interesting festival happens in summer. people eat outside. But it get worse, they eat on the street. Not that they have to, they choose to! they close the street off, perhaps invite some live music, or their HiFi, bring out some tables and have dinner with their neighbors. For any city wishing to take back the night, this is highly recommended. Not only will you meet the people who spend 60% of their time 100m away from you, but you get to taste something different.
Why is there a high prevalence of female piercing in the facial region. Targeted particularly at the nasal area. I would like to draw a chain of thoughts that connects this in some obscure way to a Bull ring, not the ones where men prove they can do an estocada, but the one that allows you to pull the beast, with or with out horns. But perhaps it should be know as a cow ring, penetrating the soft triangle in front of the septum. Unfortunately I can not make the link that: Woman want to be lead by their nose.
Although I must also note the elegance of the Gothic in club who carries the fan. A piece of Spanish fashion that has withstood the test of time. A required fashion accessory for any night on the town.
This same evening that it dawned on me like the sun was about to, since the evening ends at 6am, I noticed, well keeping track of the people walking through the doorway, that men are hunters. I came to this conclusion as I kept track of the number of woman passing through the doorway compared to men. Since woman would be less likely to move around and waiting to be seen and men would be looking, hence more mobile. I counted about 30 males for each female crossing the door way. A clear sign of characteristic behavioral differences between the sexes. This might be a bit biased since I later discover when I needed to go the toilet. I never did find out where those woman where going.

No comments: